Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Elixir Review

Elixir (Covenant #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. 
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. 

Even if it means making war against the gods.

(source: Goodreads)


4.44/5
Goodreads-badge-add-plus





My review

Aidens love for Alex blew me away in this book. I thought I knew that they love each other when I read about them in previous books, but this one. Wow. He loves her even more than he loves himself and his life. He wants to save her so desperately and he'll do everything he can to get his Alex back. 

Alex was really freaky in Elixir, almost like she was possessed by a devil, which she was and Seth was the devil. Seth loves her too in his own way and no one seems to understand that. I'm not defending him, because he has done horrible things, under the influence or not; but he is doing everything Aiden is, just differently. He's trying to pull her back to him, because he needs her, and I don't think he needs her just so he can absorb her power and become the God killer, but he needs her because he wants desperately be a good guy. So Aiden and Seth, when it comes to Alex, aren't that different, well minus the killing innocent people.

I don't know why, but I liked this novella even more than I liked previous books. Maybe it has something to do with being written in Aidens POV. I liked that Jennifer gave us an insight in his mind, because I was always curious what he was thinking most of the time. And she just gave us a reason to love him more, with the love he has for Alex and the passion to save her.

No comments:

Post a Comment